We Look Forward To Meeting You!
First Baptist Greenville is a group of people that have been transformed by Jesus Christ. Each week we gather to worship God and to hear the truth of His Word, the Bible. Our desire and mission is to see people transformed into passionate believers of Jesus Christ.
We believe this takes place in three distinct ways:
- WORSHIP – We believe that relevant and authentic worship is vital to a passionate and growing relationship with God. Our worship here is centered on expressing our love to God.
- CONNECT – We believe that connecting relationally with other people is essential in growing in one’s faith. We seek to achieve this through our ministries of Sunday School and Connection Groups.
- ENGAGE – We believe that serving others through missions and ministry takes one’s faith to a new level. This is our purpose for local, national, as well as international mission trips.
WHAT ARE SUNDAY MORNINGS LIKE?
There are two aspects of our ministry that take place on Sunday Morning.
First, small group bible study. We call this Sunday School and it begins at 9:00 a.m. Each small group has people of the same age or life stage in them. There is time for fellowship with others, prayer and a specific study on God’s Word
Second, is our corporate worship gathering. Our worship time begins at 10:00 a.m. and lasts approximately one hour. Here we sing songs of praise and are challenged with biblical truth taught directly from God’s Word.
ANYTHING FOR CHILDREN?
Children are very important in the life of First Baptist Greenville. On Sunday Mornings there are age-appropriate bible study classes for all children pre-school through 5th grade. During this time children are taught biblical truth that is fun and on a level that meets their needs.
During our worship time, childcare is provided for infants to age 5. Children 1st grade and up worship along side adults and have special Children’s Church during our gathering led by our pastor.
ARE STUDENTS INVOLVED?
Students are involved in relevant bible study on Sunday mornings and join with their family and peers for our worship gathering. Weekly, students meet on Wednesday evenings for worship, teaching and small groups geared specifically toward them. Our student ministry also invites youth to engage in missions and hi-energy activities throughout the year.
SNEAK A PEEK
We encourage everyone to check us out before they come to First Baptist Greenville.
There are a number of ways to do this:
- TELEVISION – Our worship service airs on our local ABC station on Sunday mornings at 11 a.m. You can also catch replays of the service on Greenville’s local Suddenlink Cable channel 18.
- RADIO – Our worship time is broadcast on 97.9 FM on Sunday mornings at 11 a.m.
- INTERNET – Our worship time is also streamed live on this website each Sunday. Or you can check out archived sermons anytime.